My Vacation From Unemployment

One week after I left my job I went on a week long family vacation to the Adirondack mountains.  I don't want to belittle my other experiences, but I think this was probably the most enjoyable thing I've done since leaving work.  I enjoy going there because you have time to relax and think about things.  There is nothing that needs to be done, but plenty of activities to do if you want.  It is a great time to do some reading.  Things are pretty much the same from year to year.

The cabin we visit is located on a medium size lake which is nestled among the mountain tops.  The area is the perfect location for all sorts of outdoor sports.  This year I went swimming, hiking, biking, kayaking, and sailing.  The weather is often cool during our summer visits, but this year it was pretty warm.  That made it a lot more tempting to get into the lake often.  Of course, it is nice to just sit on the deck and look out over the water.  At nighttime you can occasionally hear loons calling over the lake.  Nature is all around.  It's a nice place to just be.

Sun

Rain

Wake

Sail

Lily

Underwater camera test.  Thar be fishies!

Quack

Size of a small bird.

Perspective