In Which I Read A Book

I took my time about it, but I finally got a local library card.  Now I have access to books so my brain can grow bigger.

At first I tried to weasel my way into a card at the library 6 miles away (bikeable), but they wouldn't have any of that.  That's really too bad, because that would have made everything a lot easier.  I also think that system would have easier access to books I'd like.  Instead I got a card at the library 12 miles away (not so bikeable) where they say I belong.  It was really easy though, they didn't even have me fill out a form!

The problem is I don't want to get in my car every time I want to read a book.  So that's where my great discovery comes in.  The library, along with many these days, can lend Amazon ebooks.  I'm just a poor man, so I don't have any fancy Kindle, but I do have my creaky lappy, which has Chrome, which has a Kindle reader extension.  Now I can read a select few ebooks downloaded from online.  It's been a long time since I read an actual book, so I'm enjoying the experience.  I also researched and found that my old library in the Big City provides access too.  Their selection is different so that means I get access to even more books online.

It's not perfect, but I'm pretty happy about having such easy access to books.  I also like that I could use this service wherever I am, at least while my library accounts are valid.  It makes me excited about a possible future where I could get instant access to any book I wanted.